Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Chips

Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Chips

This fruit salsa is so delicious and refreshing, and served along side some homemade cinnamon chips it is sure to impress. 


This is pretty simple to make. The only thing that takes time is cutting up all of your fruit. If you have one of those choppers, now would be the time to pull that out.



One thing that I love about this recipe is that it is really versatile. You can make it your own by using whatever fruit that you and your family like. I usually keep the base of the salsa Strawberries and Granny Smith Apples and then add in whatever fruit I have on hand or what looks good at the store. 

The ๐ŸŒŸ star ingredient is fresh mint. It takes it to a new level and I promise you will love it. 



INGREDIENTS 

Fruit Salsa
  • Strawberries (I usually use one and a half containers of Strawberries)
  • 2 Granny Smith Apples
  • 1 Peach
  • 2 Kiwi
  • Fresh Mint
  • 1/8 to 1/4 C of Sugar or Sugar replacement (Stevia, Monkfruit, Splenda, would all work)
  • Juice of 1 Lemon
  • * You can add any other fruit that you like to this. I have added mango, pineapple, plums..
Homemade Cinnamon Chips
  • Flour Tortillas (You can use whole wheat, Gluten Free, Carb balance...)
  • Cinnamon
  • Sugar
DIRECTIONS
  1. Wash your fruit and pat dry
  2. Cut your fruit into small pieces. You can use a chopper or you can cut it by hand like I do. I like small pieces so that you get a little bit of everything in every bite. 
  3. Cut or tear your mint leaves into small pieces. (You can use as little or as much as you want. I like quite a bit so I use 6 to 8 mint leaves.)
  4. Add lemon juice and sugar to your cut up fruit and stir. 
  5. Allow to sit in the fridge for at least an hour. This allows the flavors to come together. 
  6. Preheat oven to 400ยบ 
  7. Cut your tortillas into triangles (I cut a typical sized tortilla into 8ths) and place in a single layer on a foil lined cookie sheet. 
  8. Spray your chips on one side and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. This is really to taste, I just eyeball it. Bake for about ten minutes or until they are lightly golden. 



Comments