Why I love Aldi

Why I Love Shopping At Aldi


I have shared a lot of haul videos on my YouTube channel of the things that I buy at Aldi and I have shared how much I love this store, but I wanted to make a physical post showing you what I buy almost every time I am in this store. I wanted to show you things that could save you a ton of money on your grocery bill, and products that I think are better than some name brands.

First I want to say that Aldi is a relatively small store. There are no where near the options as at Walmart or Dillons (Kroger). That can be either good or bad depending on how you like to shop. If you are someone that buys mostly name brand products then Aldi may not be your one stop shop. They do carry different "name brands" but they are usually changing depending on what they get in, however they carry a great variety of their brand of products which I have come to love. One reason I love shopping at Aldi is because it keeps me on track. I am not impulsively buying a ton of things that we don't need. But say I do impulsively reach for that pack of cookies...they are so inexpensive that I my grocery budget is hardly affected. Here is a list of some of the things that I LOVE at Aldi.

BABY PRODUCTS


One of my favorite products of Aldi's is their DIAPERS! They are better than Walmart brand, Target brand, Luvs, and dare I say it, Huggies...and they are so cheap. If your kiddos are still in diapers I highly recommend picking a box up and giving them a go. 

Not only are their diapers awesome but their baby food pouches are a hit in my house too. At my store they are $.79 each and my toddlers love them. We have also had good luck with their formula. To sum it up their baby products are the bomb! 

Here is a cute picture of my two littlest shopping with me. 


SNACKS

If your kids are anything like mine then you probably fly through snacks. I can hardly get them in the door and put away before they start devouring them like a hungry pack of raccoons. I mean seriously you would think I don't feed them. That is why I love stocking up on snacks at Aldi. They are so cheap. 

Some of the ones that we love are the Fruit and Grain Bars, Fiber Now bars, Saltine Crackers, Savoritz Peanut Butter Crackers, Dino Fruit Snacks, I could keep going but we will move on. 


BREAKFAST



The cereal is also pretty good. Cereal is one thing that my kids are pretty brand loyal to but they have found some there that they love. The oatmeal packets are something that I stay stocked up on as well as the rolled oats. My kids are also a huge fan of their poptarts and frozen waffles, french toast sticks, etc...you know, all of the breakfast "junk" that us mom's try to limit but some of us may give in a little bit more than others. 😉

DAIRY


Milk, bread and eggs are three things that I ALWAYS pick up at Aldi. I have not been able to find better deals than what they offer and we go through them like crazy. They have a variety of different types of milk, my family prefers cows milk so that is what I buy. I am also a big fan of their coffee creamer, which I am trying to limit these days, but oh it is yummy. They have great deals on cheeses and even carry some specialty cheeses. 



BREAD

My family likes the white sandwich bread from Aldi and it is only $.79 a loaf!! I can't complain about that. I stock up and put it in my freezer. My kids are pig PB&J fans so we go through bread pretty quickly. They also have wheat, whole grain, gluten free, etc..


PRODUCE


The produce section at Aldi is one of my favorite parts of the store. My store is always fully stocked and everything is always fresh and lasts us a long time. I have had such good luck with all of their produce. 


MEAT

Ok I will be honest I do not always buy meat at Aldi. That is one thing that I do shop around for and when I see a good deal I stock up. That being said, they have a good variety for being such a small store and I appreciate that when I am trying to do my shopping all in one store. 


SOME HONORABLE MENTIONS

PIZZA- They have these giant pizzas in the refrigerated section and I almost always grab one. My kids love the cheese pizza and their cheesy bread sticks are yummmmmmy, also trying to avoid those these days. 

DRINKS- I buy apple juice for my kids here and my husband really likes their energy drinks. 


WHAT I DON'T BUY AT ALDI

There are a few things that I do not buy at Aldi. Most being cleaning and paper products. I only use cascade in my dishwasher (I have tried everything and nothing works like cascade platinum) and they do not always have it there. I get my cleaning supplies and our bathroom essentials (deodorant, shampoo, soap, toilet paper...) at Walmart and Costco. Even though that may split my shopping trips up it is worth it for the amount of money I save doing my main grocery shopping at Aldi. 

If you have never been I highly recommend checking it out. Let me know what your favorite products are at Aldi. 











Comments